Saturday 6 September 2014

Butterflies...

Happy back to school everyone! Did you survive? Celebrate? Weep?

On my first trip back to preschool with Euna I passed the school and all the parents coming out from drop off. Storming out ahead were a few suited up parents, marching, smart phones in hand, checking emails, on a mission to get to work because they'd already pushed their luck to see theirs off on the first day back. Then there were the groups of work-from-home and stay-at-home and part time worker mums who had a little more time to kill at that time of the morning. Huddled in groups. Somedays they scare me, because I have a few friends who struggle with the school-mum politics and I think how much I'm not looking forward to that drama. This week though they amused me... Walking past a spectrum of conversations...

"...and he just screamed 'YOU'RE NOT CUTTING MY HAIR!!! IT'S MIIIINE!!' and I just wanted to die. He's two? Since when does he care..."

"I told him it was a waste of money. I told him even if we could fit it in, we wouldn't use it. I told him  all this and..."

"...I for one am so worried about her."

"The things that man can do with a person sat on a chair!!"


Hilarious. Happy new year pupils and educators! Enjoy some butterflies a la Jimmy's Farm on me...  
















3 comments:

  1. Hehe! School politics... Don't look forward to that one!

    Kay xxx

    #SundayBest

    Www.mummyburgess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boy is in yr1 and you've summed up the groups perfectly!! I'm the SAHM who lingers at the gate in a little group. Hopefully we aren't scary!!! #sundaybest

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son's school has so many clicks! Luckily I stay out of it all! Those are amazing photo's, I love butterflies.

    Thanks for linking up to #sundaybest

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...