Monday 14 July 2014

Blessed is Our Bow Bow

So on Sarurday we gathered friends, family, cakes, champagne and some sentimental words to officially welcome our son to the world. No church involved but certainly a thank you to God. Our own brand of a blessing and a fantastic excuse for a new frock and a family photo!

And I thought I'd share the words we shared taken from a little game played at my baby shower... Our hopes for our Bowen... (AND CHECK THE CUTE HOT BALLOON THEME!!) 

I hope you learn to be yourself. I hope you learn to laugh. I hope you learn to love. I hope you learn that if you didn’t have downs you wouldn’t appreciate your ups. I hope you learn that you can never stop learning. I hope you learn tolerance. I hope you learn if you work hard you can achieve anything. I hope you learn it’s ok to be soft.

  
I hope you aren’t afraid of a challenge. I hope you aren’t afraid to try new things. I hope you aren’t afraid to take risks. I hope you aren’t afraid to show everyone who you are. I hope you aren’t afraid to ask us anything.

  
I hope you love good food and good wine. I hope you love the outdoors. I hope you love and allow yourself to be loved. I hope you love life. I hope you love your family. I hope you love to laugh and be mischievous with your sister. I hope you love what you do.

  
I hope you get a long, happy, healthy and wonderful life. I hope you get to see the world and learn how special home is. I hope you get someone wonderful to share it all with.


I hope you never forget the closest and bestest friend you will ever have is your sister. I hope you never forget to look after the people you care about. I hope you never forget how loved you are. I hope you never forget that you are incredibly special. I hope you never forget the times we share. I hope you never forget you are exactly who you are supposed to be.


I hope you ignore negativity. I hope you ignore the people in this life who want to take from you without giving back. I hope you ignore the rules, just sometimes. I hope you ignore ignorance. I hope you ignore the superficial.


I hope you become the best you you can be. I hope you become happy, peaceful and successful. I hope you become strong willed.


I hope you respect yourself, your Mum and Dad and those around you.

  
I hope you grow up full of smiles. I hope you grow up having experienced all that life has to offer. I hope you grow in heart and mind. I hope you grow in to a confident person. I hope you grow old.


 To Bowen...


(Rather hard to show the party in full swing on account of not wanting to have the awkward conversation "do you mind if I put you on my blog..." but here's a few of the stragglers at the end...)






Black and white... Because it's arty and atmospheric... Not because my make-up has slid down my face... Honest. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...