Tuesday 24 June 2014

I'm a Rockstar! Honest...

This is the best part of summer. Mainly because it's not July or August so there's no big expectation of good weather but it's so gratefully received. Everything's really green, no sun scorching yet. Plus you have that nice feeling knowing the best portion of the summer is yet to come. That's a nice feeling.

And the first big event of the summer happened this weekend in the form of some old girlfriends with whom I lived with in Uganda coming over for a reunion! We opened some bubbles to toast two recent engagements, talked weddings, new jobs, new men in their lives and I got asked questions about babies... Carrying babies, having babies, being a Mum... And I was surprised at how out of water I felt being the only Mum in the group! I had more than a few waves of "oh God I sound boring" and "please think of something else to talk about Charlie". And so whilst we had a brilliant time catching up and laughing at old photos, part of me felt a little flat whilst I wondered if I was a boring Mum...

I'm not. I know I'm not. I don't want to write profound things about having bigger fish to fry than hitting bars and festivals, as if those aren't things I wouldn't really enjoy doing... Because some days it is just about making sandwiches, trying to sound enthusiastic doing the same puzzle you've done 3,752 times before, wearing vest-cardi combos and checking you got all the poo from under your fingernails. Infact most days it's about that stuff. But that's ok! It's not to be belitted. It's important. And all I have to do is draw an owl in a tree or offer up a dramatised rendition of wind-a-bobbin-up and I'm a friggin' rockstar in this house!

It's not "bigger", there is no universal "better" but my life is soulfully streamlined and simplified now. And that's very cool. For me. For now. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Just occasionally I hear those bars and high heels calling...

And because no one wants macros of the poo that may or may not be under my fingernails ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...