Sunday 12 January 2014

5 Additions For Your Healthy Eating Meal Plan

For some reason, call it caught up in the New Year good intention euphoria, I am less tolerant of the post baby lbs this time around. Whilst I have confidence they'll go in time if I just focus on being active, eating reasonably and continue to breastfeed, I do actually feel pretty motivated to speed the process up. This does not mean I'd label myself as "dieting" but it does mean I need to reacquaint myself with healthier options when meal planning. Green things... Leafy stuff... Actual cooking as opposed to things that just get loaded on to oven trays... 

So on the off chance any of you out there are equally motivated toward to veg aisle I thought I'd share our menu for last week...

(Note: My husband calorie counted these dishes and they all worked out around 600-800 calories for very generous portions)


Day 1: Thai Red Curry Prawn Risotto 

My own recipe with prawns, babycorn, peas, mange tout, onion, garlic, arborio rice, red Thai curry paste, vegetable stock cube.


Day 2: Spanish Chicken (with Brown Rice)

Recipe here but without the chorizo.


Day 3: Roasted Vegetable and Pesto Pasta

My own recipe with peppers, red onion, courgette, penne and pesto.


Day 4: Squash and Chickpea Curry (with Basmati Rice)

Recipe from a friend with squash, onion, courgette, cauliflower, balti paste, chopped tomatoes and chick peas.


Day 5: Slow Cooked & Roasted Pork Joint (fat cut off) with Red Cabbage and Sweet Potato Wedges

My own recipe and pretty much is as it sounds.

The Spanish chicken...

The squash and chickpea curry...

Happy to post the full recipes and cooking methods for any of these if anybody would like?

1 comment:

  1. Could I have the pesto recipe please? :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...