Saturday 29 December 2012

New Year's Resolution... No. 1

Stop swearing.

Steve and I are shamefully casual swearers.

So lax is our attitude towards bad words that conversation is easily blue before 9:00am. Our F's, B's, S's and (dare I admit it) even C's have lost all effect to us. They present so little impact to each other we litter our exchanges with them without a thought.

Shockingly, at work (as a teacher at a secondary school) I have only ever slipped out one rouge F within earshot of a student. (It was directed at my office door that wouldn't unlock and deserved a good telling, I didn't seen the year 7 behind me. It's a funny story... Unless that was your kid... Then you're probably less amused.) Otherwise I've confined myself quite successfully to "blooming"s, "flipping"s and "for the love of crunchie"s.

At home, however, this is not the case.

So, in an effort to ensure some of Euna's first words aren't littered with the same line of profanities, January 1st... We're going cold turkey and cleaning up our vocabulary.

New Year's Resolution 1: No more swearing.


Can you spot Euna's most recent First?

What about now?
Lesson:

Change is good. Lead by example. To get the things you want for your children, you have to start by looking at yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on this one, we swear so much and it needs to stop before Violet starts picking up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I really need to nip it in the bud! I would die if Ava ever said F or S in front of my nan! X

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...