Thursday 13 December 2012

Anticipating Date Night...

Tomorrow night is date night.

I have had a dress waiting this night for WEEKS. I'm excited. Food, wine, small bag.

We need this. Without drifting too far into the realms of things that are too personal to share; we need this. I'm noticing little holes in what we know each other's lives the last month or two.

A "did I not tell you?" here and a "when did you talk to him?" there. A thought will pop into my head and I'll realise I didn't say, tell, ask this or that.

Why? We're busy. He walks in and it's brief exchanges of "Good day?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah! Now can you...?" And we dive into domestic divisions of jobs and favours, Christmas calendar negotiations, dinner, tv, bed.

Most surprising is that ME the worlds biggest over sharer finds herself here. I LOVE to talk. I love to share. I understand how normal people find themselves in a position where they have a new baby and busy family life have left less time for conversation. But not me. I (and probably everyone who knows me) always assumed my motivation to overshare BOUNDLESS.

Apparently not. Cue date night. Talking. Fill in the holes. (Must not make inappropriate pun here.)

Weekend pics...
 Weekend Instas... (I OFFICIALLY have the Insta bug!)
Lesson:
Date night's good. Talk, talk, talk.

8 comments:

  1. Yay ~ Have an amazing date night!!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for date night! Have a fab time. Totally with you on the communication part of the relationship going down the pan. My baby brain is worse than ever! Great pics too!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally due for a date night soon :-) Hope you have a great night! I love all those christmas ornaments!

    I'm your newest follower from An Aloha Affair...nice to "meet" you!

    Nicole
    http://theboyslockerroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love date night! We are actually having date weekend yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Date night is a necessity, I find myself thinking I have told Marc something when I haven't. Mommy brain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great night! We used to have a date night, but it's fallen by the wayside due to other things. Definitely a resolution for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great night. Me & BabyDaddy made time for date nights in the early days but since my Mum acquired a lodger in the form of my brother she can't have Ted overnight anymore and it somehow feels wrong to ask her to "babysit" rather than to "have" him. Maybe I need to give it a try!
    May the talking commence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you. We are certainly due for another.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...